Estabilished in 2004

Blog

4.04.2009

Maze of Boxes

I never expected the sheer volume of boxes and supply I would need to purchase to open my new store. Of course, I did understand I would need to order new retail as well as acquire some supplies, but this is ridiculous. My living room is towered so high with deliveries that I can't even make it to my front door. My studio is full to the point that I'm not sure how I will produce the three events I've booked before my move. And as if that isn't bad enough, I can't even move in my storage area, which is a bad thing when boxes lead you to lose balance and fall onto a shelving unit packed with glassware.

This is fun, but suffocating. I like to think I'm organized. I love clean surfaces. This is really starting to get under my skin.

On a positive note, it's going to be like Christmas when I finally get to move in and open all these boxes. I certainly know what most of these boxes contain, but it will still be unbelievable to unpack, organize and position all this fun stuff for my opening.

Construction has begun, walls removed, plaster drying. I have to hold myself back from being there all the time right now. Which is a bit funny considering that after May 1st I will be there all week every week.

I'm going to really try hard to not get too consumed by the details for these last couple weeks and instead enjoy my freedom.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home